P014D NISSAN - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Slow Response - Lean To Rich Bank 1 sensor 1
- Faulty Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Bank 1 Sensor 1
- Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Bank 1 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
- Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Bank 1 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- High Fuel Consumption
- Excessive Smoke from Exhaust
P014d Nissan Description
The air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor 1 is a planar one-cell limit current sensor. The sensor element of the A/F sensor 1 is composed an electrode layer, which transports ions. It has a heater in the element. The sensor is capable of precise measurement λ = 1, but also in the lean and rich range. Together with its control electronics, the sensor outputs a clear, continuous signal throughout a wide λ range. The exhaust gas components diffuse through the diffusion layer at the sensor cell. An electrode layer is applied voltage, and this current relative oxygen density in lean. Also this current relative hydrocarbon density in rich.
Therefore, the A/F sensor 1 is able to indicate air fuel ratio by this electrode layer of current. In addition, a heater is integrated in the sensor to ensure the required operating temperature of approximately 760°C (1,400°F).