B1650 Toyota Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Classification System
- Faulty Airbags Sensor Assembly Center
- Faulty Right Front Seat Wire
B1650 Toyota Tech NotesThere is factory service bulletin for the following Toyota models:
2004 Toyota Camry
2004 Toyota Highlander
2004 Toyota Solara
2004 Toyota Camry, Highlander & Solara B1650 OBDDII Code
B1650 Occupant Classification System Fault Prius Clear Code
User Submitted Video
B1650 Toyota Possible Symptoms
- Airbag Warning Light ON
B1650 Toyota MeaningThe Occupant Classification System circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Occupant Classification System. If the Airbags Sensor Assembly Center receives signals from the Occupant Classification ECU, it determines whether or not the Front Passenger Airbag Assembly and the Front Seat Airbag Assembly sight should be operated. The B1650 code is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Occupant Classification System.
B1650 Toyota Information for specific Toyota models
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.