B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY - Occupant Classification System Fault
B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Classification System
- Faulty Airbags Sensor Assembly Center
- Faulty Right Front Seat Wire
How do I fix code B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY Tech NotesThere is factory service bulletin for the 2004 Toyota Camry
2004 Toyota Camry B1650 OBDDII Code
Cost of diagnosing the B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY Possible Symptoms
- Airbag Warning Light ON
B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY MeaningThe Occupant Classification System circuit consists of the Airbag Sensor Assembly Center and the Occupant Classification System. If the Airbags Sensor Assembly Center receives signals from the Occupant Classification ECU, it determines whether or not the Front Passenger Airbag Assembly and the Front Seat Airbag Assembly sight should be operated. The B1650 code is recorded when a malfunction is detected in the Occupant Classification System.
B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1650 2004 TOYOTA CAMRY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.