B1612 Possible Causes
- Faulty Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch
- Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch harness is open or shorted
- Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1612
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1612 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1612 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1612 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1612 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Wiper Rear Mode Select Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1612 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1612 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals