B1612 LEXUS - Lost Communication With Front Airbag Sensor Right
B1612 LEXUS Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Airbag Sensor Right
- Front Airbag Sensor Right harness is open or shorted
- Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Center Airbag Sensor Assembly
How do I fix code B1612 LEXUS
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1612 LEXUS code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1612 LEXUS code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1612 LEXUS Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1612 LEXUS MeaningThe Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit consists of the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly and Front Airbag Sensor Right. The Front Airbag Sensor Right detects impacts to the vehicle and sends signals to the Center Airbag Sensor Assembly to determine if the airbag should be deployed. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is stored when a malfunction is detected in the Front Airbag Sensor Right circuit.
B1612 LEXUS More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1612 LEXUS code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.