B1608 - Illuminated Entry Input Open Circuit
B1608 Possible Causes
- Faulty Illuminated Entry Input Switch
- Illuminated Entry Input Switch harness is open or shorted
- Illuminated Entry Input Switch circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1608 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1608 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1608 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1608 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Illuminated Entry Input. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Illuminated Entry Input is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1608 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1608 CHRYSLER Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 DODGE Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 JEEP Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 LEXUS Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete
- B1608 RAM Headlamp Switch Input Circuit High
- B1608 SCION Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete
- B1608 TOYOTA Front Satellite Sensor Bus Left Initialization Incomplete