B15CC - Backup Battery Failure
B15CC Possible Causes
- Faulty Back-Up Battery (BUB)
- Back-Up Battery (BUB) harness is open or shorted
- Back-Up Battery (BUB) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Data Communication Module (DCM) (Telematics Transceiver)
How do I fix code B15CC?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B15CC code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B15CC code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B15CC MeaningThis Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set when the Data Communication Module (DCM) (Telematics Transceiver) detects one of the following: Open or short in the Back-Up Battery (BUB) circuit, The BUB voltage drops or the BUB malfunctions, The BUB temperature is (temporarily) high.
B15CC More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B15CC code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals