B1572 Possible Causes
- Faulty Door Ajar Left Right Switch
- Door Ajar Left Right Switch harness is open or shorted
- Door Ajar Left Right Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
How do I fix code B1572Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1572 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1572 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1572 MeaningThe Smart Junction Box (SJB) sends a voltage signal to the door ajar switches. The door ajar switch is closed with the door closed. When the door is opened, the signal to ground is interrupted indicating an open door to the SJB. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the SJB detects an open from the LH rear door ajar input circuit.
B1572 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1572 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals