B1517 Code - Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
|B1517 code possible causes
- Faulty Control Module Power
- Control Module Power harness is open or shorted
- Control Module Power circuit poor electrical connection
|How is the B1517 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1517 code tech notes- B1517 03: Battery Voltage Low Voltage
- B1517 07: Battery Voltage High Voltage
- B1517 5A : Battery Voltage Not Plausible
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1517 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1517 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1517 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1517 code meaning?The vehicle control modules or sensors monitor the system voltage to verify the system voltage is within the normal operating range. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) sets the OBDII code when the Control Module Power is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B1517 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1517 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1517 code information for specific makes
- B1517 BUICK Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
- B1517 CADILLAC Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
- B1517 CHEVROLET Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
- B1517 GMC Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage
- B1517 HYUNDAI Seat Belt Buckle Switch Driver Instability 📷
- B1517 KIA Seat Belt Buckle Switch Driver Instability 📷
- B1517 SATURN Battery Voltage Low/High Voltage