B1517 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Control Module Power
- Control Module Power harness is open or shorted
- Control Module Power circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code B1517 CHEVROLET
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
B1517 CHEVROLET Tech Notes- B1517 03: Battery Voltage Low Voltage
- B1517 07: Battery Voltage High Voltage
- B1517 5A : Battery Voltage Not Plausible
Cost of diagnosing the B1517 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1517 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1517 CHEVROLET Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1517 CHEVROLET MeaningThe vehicle control modules or sensors monitor the system voltage to verify the system voltage is within the normal operating range. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) sets the OBDII code when the Control Module Power is not to factory specifications.
B1517 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1517 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals