B14A7 Possible Causes
- Faulty Puddle/Cargo Switch
- Puddle/Cargo Switch harness is open or shorted
- Puddle/Cargo Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B14A7
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B14A7 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B14A7 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B14A7 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B14A7 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Puddle/Cargo Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when it detects a short to ground on the cargo lamp switch (integrated into the headlamp switch) input circuit.
B14A7 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B14A7 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals