B1496 - Decklid Punch-Out Sensor Open Circuit
B1496 Possible Causes
- Faulty Decklid Punch-Out Sensor
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the B1496 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1496 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1496 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1496 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1496 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals