B1495 Possible Causes
- Faulty Decklid Punch-Out Sensor
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Decklid Punch-Out Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B1495 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1495 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1495 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1495 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1495 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Decklid Punch-Out Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B1495 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1495 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals