B1495 KIA - Belt Tension Sensor Defect
B1495 KIA Possible Causes
- Faulty Belt Tension Sensor (BTS)
- Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) harness is open or shorted
- Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Classification (OC) Module
How is the B1495 KIA code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1495 KIA code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1495 KIA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1495 KIA MeaningThe passenger occupant detecting system consists of the Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM) and the Occupant Classification (OC) Module. The SRSCM sets the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) if it detects short to battery line or short to ground between Belt Tension Sensor (BTS) and OC Module.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1495 KIA code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the B1495 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.