B1442 - Door Handle Switch Circuit Failure
B1442 Possible Causes
- Faulty Door Handle Switch
- Door Handle Switch harness is open or shorted
- Door Handle Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B1442?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1442 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1442 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1442 MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the Door Handle Switch. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the Door Handle Switch is not to factory specifications.
B1442 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1442 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals