B1442 SCION Possible Causes
- Faulty Air Inlet Damper Control Servo Motor
- Air Inlet Damper Control Servo Motor harness is open or shorted
- Air Inlet Damper Control Servo Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Conditioning Amplifier
First diagnose B1442 SCION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1442 SCION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1442 SCION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1442 SCION Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1442 SCION MeaningThe damper servo (air inlet control) sends pulse signals to indicate the damper position to the Air Conditioning Amplifier. The Air Conditioning Amplifier activates the motor (normal or reverse) based on these signals to move the air inlet control damper to the appropriate position, which controls the intake air settings (FRESH, FRESH / RECIRCULATION and RECIRCULATION).
B1442 SCION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1442 SCION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals