B1328 - Passenger Door Ajar Circuit Open
B1328 Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Door Ajar Switch
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Door Ajar Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Smart Junction Box (SJB)
How is the B1328 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1328 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1328 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1328 MeaningThe Smart Junction Box (SJB) sends a voltage signal to the door ajar switches. The door ajar switch is closed with the door closed. When the door is opened, the signal to ground is interrupted indicating an open door to the SJB. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the SJB detects an open from the RH front door ajar input circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1328 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1328 BUICK Right Sunload Sensor
- B1328 CADILLAC Right Sunload Sensor
- B1328 CHEVROLET Right Sunload Sensor
- B1328 FORD Passenger Door Ajar Circuit Open
- B1328 GMC Right Sunload Sensor
- B1328 HYUNDAI Driver-Side Front Impact Sensor Defect
- B1328 KIA Driver-Side Front Impact Sensor Defect
- B1328 LINCOLN Passenger Door Ajar Circuit Open
- B1328 MERCURY Passenger Door Ajar Circuit Open
- B1328 PONTIAC Right Sunload Sensor
- B1328 SATURN Right Sunload Sensor