B1317 - Battery Voltage High
B1317 Possible Causes
- Battery defective
- Loose or missing alternator drive belt
- Faulty Alternator
- Alternator harness is open or shorted
- Alternator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the B1317 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Four-Wheel Antilock Brake (4WABS) Control Module: Antilock Brake System Problem
Generic Electronic Module (GEM): Battery Voltage High
Automatic Ride Control (ARC) Module: Suspension Control (Automatic - Electronic Level)
Generic Electronic Module (GEM): Battery Voltage Low
What is the cost to diagnose the B1317 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1317 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1317 MeaningWith the engine running, the charging system supplies voltage to the battery and the vehicle electrical system through the battery B+ cable. The voltage that is supplied to the vehicle electrical system is used for the operation of the various vehicle systems and modules. Many modules monitor this voltage and if it rises above or below their calibrated setpoints, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1317 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1317 BUICK Inside Air Temperature Sensor
- B1317 CADILLAC Inside Air Temperature Sensor
- B1317 CHEVROLET Inside Air Temperature Sensor
- B1317 FORD Battery Voltage High
- B1317 GMC Inside Air Temperature Sensor
- B1317 LINCOLN Battery Voltage High
- B1317 MERCURY Battery Voltage High
- B1317 PONTIAC Inside Air Temperature Sensor
- B1317 SATURN Inside Air Temperature Sensor