B12BF - Heated Backlight/Mirror Relay Drive Circuit Open Or Shorted To Ground
B12BF Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Relay
- Rear Window Defrost Relay harness is open or shorted
- Rear Window Defrost Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Switch
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Grid
- Faulty Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module
How is the B12BF code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B12BF code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B12BF code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B12BF MeaningThe Rear Window Defrost Relay receives power from the Battery Junction Box (BJB). When the rear window defrost switch is pressed to the ON position, the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module activates the rear window defrost relay by grounding the circuit. When activated, the rear window defrost relay supplies 12 volts to the rear window defrost grid on the circuit. The rear window defrost grid is grounded through the circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B12BF code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals