B12BF FORD - Heated Backlight/Mirror Relay Drive Circuit Open Or Shorted To Ground
B12BF FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Relay
- Rear Window Defrost Relay harness is open or shorted
- Rear Window Defrost Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Switch
- Faulty Rear Window Defrost Grid
- Faulty Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module
How do I fix code B12BF FORDCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B12BF FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B12BF FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B12BF FORD MeaningThe Rear Window Defrost Relay receives power from the Battery Junction Box (BJB). When the rear window defrost switch is pressed to the ON position, the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Module activates the rear window defrost relay by grounding the circuit. When activated, the rear window defrost relay supplies 12 volts to the rear window defrost grid on the circuit. The rear window defrost grid is grounded through the circuit.
B12BF FORD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B12BF FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals