B12A9 Code - Recirc Door Actuator Drive Circuit Shorted to Battery Voltage
|B12A9 code possible causes
- Stuck or damaged linkage or door
- Faulty Air Inlet Door Actuator
- Air Inlet Door Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Air Inlet Door Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) Module
- Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module
|How is the B12A9 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B12A9 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B12A9 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B12A9 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B12A9 code meaning?Under normal operation, the air inlet door actuator motors are supplied voltage or ground on the circuit, depending on desired actuator rotation, by the Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) Module or Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module. The EMTC module or EATC module then supplies the appropriate voltage or ground to the other side of the actuator motor on. The module sets the OBDII code when the Air Inlet Door Actuator is not to factory specifications.
|Need more information with the B12A9 code?Need more information on how to fix the B12A9 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals