B12A9 MERCURY - Recirc Door Actuator Drive Circuit Shorted to Battery Voltage
B12A9 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Stuck or damaged linkage or door
- Faulty Air Inlet Door Actuator
- Air Inlet Door Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Air Inlet Door Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) Module
- Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module
How do I fix code B12A9 MERCURY
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B12A9 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B12A9 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B12A9 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B12A9 MERCURY MeaningUnder normal operation, the air inlet door actuator motors are supplied voltage or ground on the circuit, depending on desired actuator rotation, by the Electronic Manual Temperature Control (EMTC) Module or Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module. The EMTC module or EATC module then supplies the appropriate voltage or ground to the other side of the actuator motor on. The module sets the OBDII code when the Air Inlet Door Actuator is not to factory specifications.
B12A9 MERCURY More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B12A9 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals