B1284 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Wiper Switch
- Front Wiper Switch harness is open or shorted
- Front Wiper Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
How do I fix code B1284
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1284 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1284 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1284 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1284 MeaningThe Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU) monitors the Front Wiper Switch Position. The MICU sets the OBDII code when the Front Wiper Switch Position is not to factory specifications.
B1284 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1284 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals