B1280 Code - Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
|B1280 code possible causes
- Faulty Video Display
- Video Display harness is open or shorted
- Video Display circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Media Disc Player
|How is the B1280 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1280 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1280 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1280 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1280 code meaning?The rear displays are located in the back of the driver and front passenger seats. The rear seatback display screens show video from the disc player.
The seatback displays receive power and ground from the vehicle harness. A discrete control circuit from the disc player is used to control the power state of the displays.
The displays receive all other video, audio, and control information via the LVDS cable. The LVDS cable connected to the disc player contains two pairs of data circuits, one pair for each of the rear displays. A splitter cable is used to separate the data circuits to each individual display, providing separate information to each display.
|Need more information with the B1280 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1280 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1280 code information for specific makes
- B1280 ACURA Turn Signal Switch Circuit Malfunction
- B1280 BUICK Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 CADILLAC Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 CHEVROLET Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 GMC Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 HONDA Turn Signal Switch Circuit Malfunction