B1280 Possible Causes
- Faulty Video Display
- Video Display harness is open or shorted
- Video Display circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Media Disc Player
How do I fix code B1280
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1280 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1280 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1280 Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1280 MeaningThe rear displays are located in the back of the driver and front passenger seats. The rear seatback display screens show video from the disc player.
The seatback displays receive power and ground from the vehicle harness. A discrete control circuit from the disc player is used to control the power state of the displays.
The displays receive all other video, audio, and control information via the LVDS cable. The LVDS cable connected to the disc player contains two pairs of data circuits, one pair for each of the rear displays. A splitter cable is used to separate the data circuits to each individual display, providing separate information to each display.
B1280 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1280 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B1280 Information for specific makes
- B1280 ACURA Turn Signal Switch Circuit Malfunction
- B1280 BUICK Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 CADILLAC Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 CHEVROLET Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 GMC Rear Seat Entertainment Input Signal
- B1280 HONDA Turn Signal Switch Circuit Malfunction