B1277 Code - Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
|B1277 code possible causes
- Faulty Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone
- Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone harness is open or shorted
- Radio Volume Compensator Interior Noise Microphone circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Audio Amplifier
|How is the B1277 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B1277 code tech notesInstallation of aftermarket replacement speakers, additional speakers/subwoofers, or aftermarket exhaust systems can cause undesirable behavior of the active noise cancellation system. The noise reduction microphones have foam blocks above them to seal the microphones and aid in the reduction of headliner vibration. Missing or out of place foam blocks can impact system performance.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B1277 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1277 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B1277 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|What is B1277 code meaning?The active noise cancellation system uses three microphones in the vehicle headliner: one above each front seating position, and one above the rear seat. The Audio Amplifier provides a bias voltage to each microphone (+) and (-) signal circuits for operation of the microphone. The microphones monitor the vehicle cabin for undesirable engine sounds. The Audio Amplifier uses the microphone inputs and an engine RPM signal to determine the frequency of the undesirable sound. The Audio Amplifier performs a self diagnostic of the microphone circuits 16 seconds after initial power up, then periodically every 400 milliseconds thereafter.
|Need more information with the B1277 code?Need more information on how to fix the B1277 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B1277 code information for specific makes
- B1277 ACURA Headlight Switch AUTO Position Circuit Malfunction
- B1277 BUICK Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 CADILLAC Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 CHEVROLET Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 FORD Reverse Lamp Circuit Short
- B1277 GMC Microphone 1 Input Signal Circuit
- B1277 HONDA Headlight Switch AUTO Position Circuit Malfunction
- B1277 LINCOLN Reverse Lamp Circuit Short
- B1277 MERCURY Reverse Lamp Circuit Short