B1262 - Defrost Door Actuator Circuit Failure
B1262 Possible Causes
- Faulty Defrost Door Actuator
- Defrost Door Actuator harness is open or shorted
- Defrost Door Actuator circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module
How is the B1262 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1262 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1262 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1262 MeaningThe Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC) Module monitors the Defrost Door Actuator. The EATC Module sets the OBDII code when the Defrost Door Actuator is not to factory specifications.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1262 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1262 BUICK Defrost Door Actuator Circuit Failure
- B1262 CADILLAC Defrost Door Actuator Circuit Failure
- B1262 CHEVROLET Defrost Door Actuator Circuit Failure
- B1262 GMC Defrost Door Actuator Circuit Failure
- B1262 LEXUS A/C ECU Communication Stops
- B1262 SCION A/C ECU Communication Stops
- B1262 TOYOTA A/C ECU Communication Stops