B1193 - Crash Event Storage Full and Locked No Sub Type Information
B1193 Possible Causes
- Faulty Restraint Control Module (RCM)
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) harness is open or shorted
- Restraint Control Module (RCM) circuit poor electrical connection
How is the B1193 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B1193 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B1193 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B1193 MeaningThe Restraint Control Module (RCM) detected that the vehicle has been in a crash and sets the OBDII code.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1193 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B1193 FORD Crash Event Storage Full and Locked No Sub Type Information
- B1193 INFINITI Right Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module Open
- B1193 LINCOLN Crash Event Storage Full and Locked No Sub Type Information
- B1193 MAZDA Crash Event Storage Full and Locked No Sub Type Information
- B1193 MERCURY Crash Event Storage Full and Locked No Sub Type Information
- B1193 NISSAN Right Side Front Curtain Air Bag Module Open
Need more help?Get the B1193 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.