B118C Possible Causes
- Faulty Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Indicator Light Left
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Indicator Light Left harness is open or shorted
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Indicator Light Left circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Control Module
First diagnose B118C code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B118C code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B118C code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B118C Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B118C MeaningThe Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) Control Module monitors the BSM Indicator Light Left. The BSM Control Module sets the OBDII code when the BSM Control Module left performs measurement at 0.01 s intervals and a short to ground in the BSM indicator light left circuit is detected 48 times continuously.
B118C More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B118C code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B118C Information for specific makes
- B118C MAZDA BSM Indicator Light Left Circuit Malfunction