B116A - Handset Microphone General Electrical Failure
B116A Possible Causes
- Faulty Handset Microphone
- Handset Microphone harness is open or shorted
- Handset Microphone circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM)
Cost of diagnosing the B116A code
The cost of diagnosing the B116A code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B116A Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) monitors the Handset Microphone. The APIM sets the OBDII code when it detects a short to voltage, short to ground or an open on the microphone circuits.
B116A Information for specific makes