B116A FORD - Handset Microphone General Electrical Failure
B116A FORD Possible Causes
- Faulty Handset Microphone
- Handset Microphone harness is open or shorted
- Handset Microphone circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM)
How is the B116A FORD code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the B116A FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B116A FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B116A FORD MeaningThe Accessory Protocol Interface Module (APIM) monitors the Handset Microphone. The APIM sets the OBDII code when it detects a short to voltage, short to ground or an open on the microphone circuits.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B116A FORD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals