B1150 Possible Causes
- Faulty Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module
- Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
Cost of diagnosing the B1150 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1150 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1150 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1150 MeaningIn case of collision whose acceleration exceeds the specified level, the ignition materials are ignited by the electric ignition system. The system burns and introduces the chemical reaction of gas generating materials to generate hot gases that flow into the air bag through a filter and expand the bag.
The Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module mainly consists of air bag and inflator which inflates the air bag.
B1150 Information for specific makes
- B1150 ACURA Gauge Control Module
- B1150 HONDA Gauge Control Module
- B1150 INFINITI Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module Open
- B1150 LEXUS Occupant Classification System Malfunction
- B1150 NISSAN Left Side Curtain Air Bag Module Open
- B1150 SCION Occupant Classification System Malfunction
- B1150 TOYOTA Occupant Classification System Malfunction
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.