B10BD Possible Causes
- Faulty Multifunctional Switch
- Multifunctional Switch harness is open or shorted
- Multifunctional Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Front Control/Display Interface Module (FCDIM)
First diagnose B10BD code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
B10BD Tech NotesB10BD:11 Multifunctional Switch Circuit Short to Ground
B10BD:13 Multifunctional Switch Circuit Open
B10BD:23 Multifunctional Switch Signal Stuck Low
Cost of diagnosing the B10BD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B10BD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B10BD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B10BD MeaningThe Front Control/Display Interface Module (FCDIM) monitors the Multifunctional Switch. The FCDIM sets the OBDII code when the Multifunctional Switch is not to factory specifications.
B10BD More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B10BD code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals