B10AB - Remote Keyless Entry Synchronization No Sub Type Information
B10AB Possible Causes
- Reprogram Integrated Key Transponder (IKT)
- Faulty Integrated Key Transponder (IKT)
Cost of diagnosing the B10AB code
The cost of diagnosing the B10AB code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B10AB Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) feature is controlled by the Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) module and the Body Control Module (BCM). When a button is pressed on an Integrated Key Transponder (IKT) the Transmitter Identification Code (TIC) and RKE command is received by the internal TPM module antenna. If the TPM module determines that it is a valid and programmed TIC, it sends the RKE command and TIC to the BCM over the MS-CAN. When the BCM receives the RKE command, it carries out the command by controlling the door locks or activating the horn and turn signals for the panic alarm. The RKE transmitters and the BCM also utilize a rolling code to prevent the code from being captured by a code grabber. The system advances the counter in the RKE transmitter and the BCM every time an RKE transmitter button is pressed. A Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) that sets when the BCM detects the rolling counter received from an RKE transmitter is out of synchronization with the rolling counter stored in the module.
B10AB Information for specific makes
- B10AB FORD Remote Keyless Entry Synchronization No Sub Type Information
- B10AB LINCOLN Remote Keyless Entry Synchronization No Sub Type Information
- B10AB MERCURY Remote Keyless Entry Synchronization No Sub Type Information