B109B Possible Causes
- Faulty License Plate Light
- License Plate Light harness is open or shorted
- License Plate Light circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
First diagnose B109B code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B109B code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B109B code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B109B Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B109B MeaningThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the License Plate Light. The BCM sets the OBDII code when the License Plate Light is not to factory specifications.
B109B More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B109B code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B109B Information for specific makes
- B109B CHRYSLER Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B DODGE Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B FORD License Plate Light
- B109B JEEP Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance
- B109B LINCOLN License Plate Light
- B109B MERCURY License Plate Light
- B109B RAM Panel Model Door 2 Control Circuit/Performance