B0085 CHEVROLET Code - Left Front Side Impact Sensor
|B0085 CHEVROLET code possible causes
- Faulty Left Front Side Impact Sensor
- Left Front Side Impact Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Left Front Side Impact Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0085 CHEVROLET code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|B0085 CHEVROLET code tech notesDTC B0085 02 Left Front Side Impact Sensor Short to Ground
DTC B0085 05 Left Front Side Impact Sensor Short to Battery or Open
DTC B0085 0F Left Front Side Impact Sensor Erratic
DTC B0085 39 Left Front Side Impact Sensor Internal Electronic Failure
DTC B0085 3A Left Front Side Impact Sensor Incorrect Component Installed
DTC B0085 71 Left Front Side Impact Sensor Invalid Serial Data Received
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0085 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0085 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0085 CHEVROLET code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0085 CHEVROLET code meaning?The Inflatable Restraint Side Impact Sensor (SIS) utilizes a unidirectional 2-wire circuit. The SIS modulates current on the interface to send ID, state of health, and deployment commands to the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM). The SDM serves as a power source and a ground for the SIS. When the ignition is turned ON and input power from the SDM is first detected, the SIS responds by performing internal diagnostics and sending an ID to the SDM. The SDM considers the ID to be valid if the response time is less than 5 seconds. The SIS continually communicates status messages to the SDM, which determines if a fault is present in the SIS circuit. When a fault is detected, the SDM resets the SIS twice by removing and reapplying power to it. If the fault is still present, the SDM will set a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC).
|Need more information with the B0085 CHEVROLET code?Need more information on how to fix the B0085 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|Need help with a B0085 CHEVROLET code?Get the B0085 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.