B0045 Code - Driver Side Deployment Loop Short To Ground/Voltage Out Of Range
|B0045 code possible causes
- Faulty Drive's Side Air Bag Module
- Drive's Side Air Bag Module harness is open or shorted
- Drive's Side Air Bag Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
|How is the B0045 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|What is the cost to diagnose the B0045 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the B0045 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B0045 code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|What is B0045 code meaning?When the ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, the resistance measurement test will not be performed.
|Need more information with the B0045 code?Need more information on how to fix the B0045 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|B0045 code information for specific makes
- B0045 BUICK Driver Side Deployment Loop Short To Ground/Voltage Out Of Range
- B0045 CADILLAC Driver Side Deployment Loop Short To Ground/Voltage Out Of Range
- B0045 CHEVROLET Driver Side Deployment Loop Short To Ground/Voltage Out Of Range
- B0045 GMC Driver Side Deployment Loop Short To Ground/Voltage Out Of Range
|Need help with a B0045 code?Get the B0045 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.