B0030 Possible Causes
- Faulty Second Row Left Side Airbag
- Second Row Left Side Airbag harness is open or shorted
- Second Row Left Side Airbag circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM)
First diagnose B0030 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B0030 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B0030 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B0030 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B0030 MeaningWhen the ignition switch is turned to RUN position, Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) performs tests to diagnose critical internal malfunctions. SDM then performs deployment loop voltage out of range test and deployment loop resistance measurement test. If voltage out of range test detects a short to voltage condition, the resistance measurement test will not be performed.
B0030 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B0030 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
B0030 Information for specific makes
- B0030 BUICK Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
- B0030 CADILLAC Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
- B0030 CHEVROLET Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
- B0030 GMC Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
- B0030 PONTIAC Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
- B0030 SATURN Second Row Left Side Airbag Deployment Control
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.