U2107 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
U2107 Possible Causes
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
- Body Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Body Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U2107 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U2107 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U2107 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U2107 MeaningModules connected to the Controller Area Network (CAN) serial data circuits monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. The modules have prerecorded information about what messages are needed to be exchanged on the serial data circuits. The messages are supervised and also, some periodic messages are used by the receiver module as an availability indication of the transmitter module. Each message contains the identification number of the transmitter module. A module with a CAN serial data circuits malfunction or which loses power during the current ignition cycle will have a Loss of Communication Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) set by other modules that depend on information from that failed module. If any of the CAN circuit are shorted to battery voltage, ground, or between them no communication is possible on the CAN serial data bus, a Diagnostic Trouble Code will set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U2107 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U2107 BUICK Lost Communication With Body Control Module
- U2107 CADILLAC Lost Communication With Body Control Module
- U2107 CHEVROLET Lost Communication With Body Control Module
- U2107 FORD Collision Mitigation By Braking
- U2107 GMC Lost Communication With Body Control Module
- U2107 LINCOLN Collision Mitigation By Braking
- U2107 MERCURY Collision Mitigation By Braking
- U2107 SATURN Lost Communication With Body Control Module