U2013 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty / intermittent ignition switch connections
- J1850 / SCP / CAN Bus wiring intermittently open/shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent connections at Compass module
- Faulty / intermittent connections at ABS Control Module (ABS)
- Faulty / intermittent connections at the instrument cluster (IPC)
- Faulty / intermittent connections at Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
U2013 MERCURY Tech NotesThis is typically an electrical wiring connection issue at one of the controllers being monitored by the manufacturer.
It can also be caused when:
On certain vehicles, accompanied by misfire codes, the ignition coils fail.
Electrical connections at the Instrument Cluster
Cost of diagnosing the U2013 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U2013 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the U2013 MERCURY code detected?When other modules are unable to communicate with the Compass Module on the bus network at any time while the ignition switch is in the “Run” position, code U2013 sets in memory.
U2013 MERCURY Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Amber ABS (Anti-lock Brakes) Light ON
- Wrench Light On
- Compass readings blank