- UBP Bus wiring intermittently open/shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent electrical connection at any of the controllers on the UBP network
Tech notesThis is typically an electrical wiring connection issue at one of the controllers being monitored by the manufacturer.
It can occur if:
Wiring to the module becomes shorted by the module.
Wiring to the module becomes shorted between modules, such as where wires are routed on passenger side floor rails and become water soaked. Watch for water intrusion when this occurs.
When is the code detected?When the controllers are unable to communicate with each other at any time while the ignition switch is turned to the “Run” position.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine won’t start – won’t crank
- ABS Warning Light ON
- Transmission may shift erratically
- Cluster won’t register any reading