U1950 FORD Possible Causes
- UBP Bus wiring intermittently open/shorted to power or ground
- Faulty / intermittent electrical connection at any of the controllers on the UBP network
U1950 FORD Tech NotesThis is typically an electrical wiring connection issue at one of the controllers being monitored by the manufacturer.
It can occur if:
Wiring to the module becomes shorted by the module.
Wiring to the module becomes shorted between modules, such as where wires are routed on passenger side floor rails and become water soaked. Watch for water intrusion when this occurs.
Cost of diagnosing the U1950 FORD code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the U1950 FORD code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the U1950 FORD code detected?When the controllers are unable to communicate with each other at any time while the ignition switch is turned to the “Run” position.
U1950 FORD Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine won’t start – won’t crank
- ABS Warning Light ON
- Transmission may shift erratically
- Cluster won’t register any reading