U1716 CHEVROLET - Passenger Power Window Low Speed Serial Data Line Or Sensor Circuit
U1716 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor
- Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Power Window Sensor/Motor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Passenger Front Door Module (PFDM)
How is the U1716 CHEVROLET code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1716 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1716 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1716 CHEVROLET MeaningExpress Up operation of the front door power windows is monitored and controlled by the front door modules and the window sensors. Each front door window motor has a window sensor mounted to it. The Driver Door Module (DDM) and the Passenger Front Door Module (PFDM) each supply battery voltage and ground to power their respective window sensors. The door modules and sensors communicate with each other via a power window high-speed serial data circuit, and a power window low-speed serial data circuit. The window sensor detects differences in the window motors electrical pulses to determine if there is an obstruction to the travel of the window glass. The door modules use the information generated by the sensors to disable the Express-Up movement of a window or reverse the direction of travel, in the event that a passenger, or other obstacles, has become trapped in it.
The power window low-speed serial data circuit is a unique two-way serial data communications link between the door module and the sensor.
State-of-health messages, the position of the window glass in relation to the distance traveled by the window, and the direction in which the window is moving are communicated via this circuit.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set by the driver door module (DDM), or by the passenger front door module (PFDM) when the DDM or the PFDM has detected any of the following conditions:
- The door module cannot communicate with the sensor over the power window low-speed serial data line.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is open.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is shorted to ground.
- The power window low-speed serial data line is shorted to battery.
- The window sensor battery voltage circuit has failed.
- The window sensor low reference circuit has failed.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1716 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals