U12A3 - Lost Communication With Particulate Matter Sensor
U12A3 Possible Causes
- Faulty Particulate Matter Sensor
- Particulate Matter Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Particulate Matter Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the U12A3 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U12A3 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U12A3 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U12A3 MeaningThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) does not receive a message from the Particulate Matter Sensor over the Datalink circuits.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U12A3 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals