U1283 - Power Tailgate Control Unit Lost Communication With Rear MICU
U1283 Possible Causes
- Faulty Power Tailgate Control Unit
- Power Tailgate Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Power Tailgate Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU)
How is the U1283 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1283 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1283 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1283 MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a communication malfunction was detected between the Power Tailgate Control Unit and the Rear Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1283 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals