U1232 - Steering Angle Sensor Calibration
U1232 Possible Causes
- The neutral position adjustment of the steering angle sensor is incomplete
- Faulty Steering Angle Sensor
- Steering Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Steering Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U1232 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1232 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1232 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1232 MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when there is a Steering Angle Sensor calibration problem.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1232 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals