U1141 - Lost ESP Torque Request Message
U1141 Possible Causes
- Faulty Electronic Stability Program (ESP)/ABS Module
- Electronic Stability Program/ABS Module harness is open or shorted
- Electronic Stability Program/ABS Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How is the U1141 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1141 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1141 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1141 MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) has not received a torque request over the bus circuit from the Electronic Stability Program (ESP)/ABS Module.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1141 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals