U1137 - Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver
U1137 Possible Causes
- Faulty Digital Radio Receiver (DRR)
- Digital Radio Receiver harness is open or shorted
- Digital Radio Receiver circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U1137 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1137 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1137 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1137 MeaningModules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for the state of health monitoring/node alive messages. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. Once an identification number is learned by a module, it will monitor for that module node alive message. Each module on the class 2 serial data circuit is required to send a Node Alive message every 2 seconds. When no message is detected from a learned identification number for 5 seconds, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U1137 is set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1137 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U1137 BUICK Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver
- U1137 CADILLAC Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver
- U1137 CHEVROLET Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver
- U1137 GMC Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver
- U1137 PONTIAC Lost Communications With Digital Radio Receiver