U1088 - Invalid Or Missing Data For Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
U1088 Possible Causes
- Faulty Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module harness is open or shorted
- Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module circuit poor electrical connection
How is the U1088 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1088 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1088 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1088 MeaningModules connected to the class 2 serial data circuit monitor for serial data communications during normal vehicle operation. Operating information and commands are exchanged among the modules. When a module receives a message for a critical operating parameter, the module records the identification number of the module which sent the message for the state of health monitoring/node alive messages. A critical operating parameter is one which, when not received, requires that the module use a default value for that parameter. Once an identification number is learned by a module, it will monitor for that module node alive message. Each module on the class 2 serial data circuit is required to send a Node Alive message every 2 seconds. When no message is detected from a learned identification number for 5 seconds, a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) U1088 is set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1088 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U1088 BUICK Lost Communications With Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
- U1088 CADILLAC Lost Communications With Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
- U1088 CHEVROLET Lost Communications With Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
- U1088 GMC Lost Communications With Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
- U1088 PONTIAC Invalid Or Missing Data For Inflatable Restraint Sensing And Diagnostic Module
Need more help?Get the U1088 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.