U1021 MERCURY - Lost Communication With Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module
U1021 MERCURY Possible Causes
- Faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module
- Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Anti-Lock Brake System Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
How is the U1021 MERCURY code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1021 MERCURY code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1021 MERCURY code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1021 MERCURY MeaningThe Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) if data messages received from the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Control Module over the HS-CAN2 is missing.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1021 MERCURY code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals