U1011 - CAN Communication Bus - Signal Malfunction
U1011 Possible Causes
- Controller Area Network (CAN) communication harness is open or shorted
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Poor harness ground connection.
How is the U1011 code repair?Start by checking the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
What is the cost to diagnose the U1011 code
Labor: 1.0The cost to diagnose the U1011 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
U1011 MeaningThe Controller Area Network (CAN) is a serial communication line for real-time applications. It is an on-vehicle multiplex communication line with high data communication speed and excellent error detection ability. Many electronic control units are equipped onto a vehicle, and each control unit shares information and links with other control units during operation (not independent). In CAN communication, control units are connected with 2 communication lines (CAN H line, CAN L line) allowing a high rate of information transmission with less wiring.
Each control unit transmits/receives data but selectively reads the required data only.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when detecting errors during the initial diagnosis of CAN controller of the Engine Control Module (ECM).
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the U1011 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- U1011 FORD Invalid Internal Control Module Monitoring Data Received From ECM/PCM
- U1011 LINCOLN Invalid Internal Control Module Monitoring Data Received From ECM/PCM
- U1011 MERCURY Invalid Internal Control Module Monitoring Data Received From ECM/PCM
- U1011 NISSAN CAN Communication Bus - Signal Malfunction